Sunday, November 3, 2013

The pillar of salt fantasy

I'm not sure if I ever mention this. But my work is never complete without the photo shoot. 
Many time it is gives the right meaning to the work. I love to do it with Idan. He understand me and my work perfectly and know how to get the best of it and I, love very much to change characters. To be someone else for a moment - to fantasise, to live on a different time, in different places.
For a very long time I wanted to take photos in the Dead Sea but I did not have the right work for this surrounding until recently. 
We went there last week. Such a short drive and the atmosphere is so completely different. The landscape reminiscent the story of creation in Genesis. My head and my imagination immediately begin to work and the story of Genesis and also the story of lot's wife who looked back and turned to salt was playing in my head like a music.
And this is what we created. With water, wool, plants, fire, camera and the beautiful surrounding of one of the wonders in the world - The Dead Sea.
Hope you enjoy it. Take a moment and fantasise yourself. Your day can be completely different :)



























24 comments:

  1. Brilliant success, touching. ..... and why I will never leave this place, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so inspiring, awesome location that was perfect for you and your amazing work. Thank you so much .......Marilyn. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic photos and cloths and surronding i have never been in Israel i can see i have to come thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great area! Great you! Love both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous...all of it. Simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning work Irit! I can't wait to see you in January again! Best to you and your family!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patricia. we will have a lot of fun. looking forwards to meet with you all again.

      Delete
  7. Awesome and amazing art pieces with the stunning backdrop ! You're brilliant Irit !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terriea. I can see your own work is spreading its wings. Happy for you :)

      Delete
  8. Totally awesome, Irit! I can't believe the size of those leaves!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful dyeing and beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  10. פנטסטי, פנטזיה וכל הקשור בזה...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Irit, what a special place your country is! And will be once again in the future...
    If I was to choose one photo to match the story from Genesis, it would be the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank Monica. Second photos Is the story of Jacob and Rachel for me. only need a flock of sheep and a well :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah, Irit! I see you have the title now... Yes, Lot's wife did turn into a "pillar of salt" when she looked back at the crumbling city. I'm so happy, though, that this is only a "fantasy" tale. Wouldn't want you to turn into a salt pillar, my friend!!! You and Idan are geniuses...and, as always your work is unparalleled. "She walks in beauty..."

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all of them! The Dead Sea, I want to visit it one day, what a magical place! You are so photogenic and beautiful work and photographer too. Don't forget if you have spare moment when you are in Melbourne I would love to meet you! Nat

    ReplyDelete